February 25, 2013

Movie Magic

Soo...the Oscars! I've been fascinated by them ever since eighth grade. As the ceremony happens to start at 2:30 AM German time it's always...Kind of a commitment for everyone in the Family to let me watch the Show - but I just have to!
It's not only the red carpet with the Dresses and the celebrity gossip - although that is so interesting, too! I also love to see how These actors - no matter how popular they are now - usually started form pretty much nowhere and I think it's inspiring to see how even in a Business like theirs it is possible to achieve your dreams...if you work hard enough. I know, it sounds cheesy but that's pretty much why I love the Academy Awards. Oh, and the movies, of course.
Although I love sinking into those soft cushion seats in the Theaters with a bag of Popcorn and a coke, I seldomly get the Chance to do so. And if I do, there's always the question of what to see, actually!
This year's Oscars definitely gave me some tips, though. I don't think in those four/five years I've been watching the ceremony I've never been so excited for all the movies that were mentioned - so to celebrate, here are the top three movies I really want to see this year (most of them are coming out later here in Germany so I might even be able to see them on the big Screen)
"Lincoln." 12 Nominations for: Best Picture, Best Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Tommy Lee Jones), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Sally Field), Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Original Score, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Adapted Screenplay.


ANNA KARENINA- read the book, have to see the movie!"Anna Karenina." 4 Nominations for: Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Original Score, Best Production Design.
LINCOLN - I love history and I love movies set in historical Settings, so this could be perfect for me :)
LES MISERABLES - I don't know anything about this. Except it has awesome actors...and the Music...


Les Misérables!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...