June 30, 2012

Running Into July

It's the end of June and although June usually is my favorite month - this time I'm glad it's finally over. The first reason for that is that next Friday I'm finally getting out of school for summer - I thought that day wouldn't happen anymore this year. The second reason is that those few weeks before summer are just so hectic! I always hope after all the exams are taken I can lay back and relax - and I'm wrong each and every time. There is our school play, the choir concerts, the stupid hiking trip our school is planning this year and so on.
BUT June is over. One week of school left. And then I can finally do what I wanted to do all these weeks:
nothing :)


Books I read in June:

Tess, Terrorists and the TiaraOne MomentThe Kite RunnerAbandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2)


Blue Sky DaysShiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)

I have to say June started out amazingly! I read Shiver which was just so beautiful and really got me into reading again just for the writing. The Kite Runner was another awesome novel - heartbreaking and deep. Abandon was much darker than I thought it would be and that made it a nice surprise in the middle of the month while Ready or Not and Shadowland were just plain entertaining and kept me laughing.
Yes, Blue Sky Days was a bummer for me and One Moment seemed kind of pointless, but Tess, Terrorists and the Tiara was a very nice quick read that I didn't expect, as well.
All in all, I would say June was not as amazing as May but definitely full of variety :)

Books I plan to read in July:

FlorencePushing the LimitsGlitch (Glitch, #1)

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)Narrative Loserdom: From Journal OneThe Eyes of the Desert Sand (Chrysalis Chronicles #1)

Actually, all of these are review books so I'm not sure if I will get through all of them as I couldn't stop myself and bought a ton of books myself that I can't wait to start reading :)
I definitely want to read Pushing the Limits and Florence, though, as they come out in July while the release date for Glitch is in August. I need to finish Narrative Loserdom because I've been trying to continue reading it for months now. It's just that I have to read it on my computer and it's not exactly...comfy.
The Chysalis Chronicles sounds like a great story to me and also it's a printed ARC, so it's much easier for me to read it. So, if I don't read a book of these in July it will probably be Dark Kiss and Glitch.

Also, I planned to read Shadow and Bone in June, but it only arrived at my doorstep yesterday so that didn't work out but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be reading it in July!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...