Wow, I had a hard time coming up with these! I'm generally pretty good at remembering the storyline of a book, but I suck at endings - and character names! I will admit most of these I found by looking around other blogs, so let's just call this list my Top Ten Favorite Unusual Names in YA Books, shall we? Awesome!
1) Echo from Pushing the Limits (I will totally name my future daughter after her!)
2) Emerson from Meg Cabot's Airhead Trilogy and Myra McEntire's Hourglass - I even named my old Netbook Emerson!
3) Maura from Jessica Shirvington's Cahill Witches Trilogy (Okay, no, this is my future daughter's name! Sorry, Echo)
4) Willem from Gayle Forman's Just One Day
5) Emaline from Sarah Dessen's The Moon and More
6) Cinder from Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles
7) Ever from Alyson Noel's The Immortals Series
8) Fia from Kiersten White's Mind Games
9) Aria from Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liars Series
10) Roar from Veronika Rossi's Under the Never Sky Series
I personally hate my name, Laura, because at least in Germany, that name is so popular that everyone is called Laura. In my highschool year we had 12 Lauras. It was awful. I think I love the name Maura the most. It has something really special and warm about it, don't you think?
Do you guys like your names? If not, what would you like to be called if you had a choice?