July 19, 2013

Review: Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend

Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)

A Long Story:

Finally a sequel that was even better than the first book! Very mature characters, serious teenage issues, family problems and the development of highschool friendships make this book not only readable, but relatable. From time to time the heroine's fantastic sarcasm peeks through, though, and clearly lightens the mood. A series everyone should at least have a peak into!!!

RATING: 3/3 Smarties


Review for You:

The only thing I remembered from the first Confessions book was that it was much more than I expected, so you might be surprised to find out that its sequel amazed me even more!
If that's possible, our Almost Girlfriend Rose lead the story better than the Angry Girl from last book.
It's only logical thinking about it, too. After all, Rose finds herself as a highschool sophomore now, turning sixteen. This might not seem like a big deal at first, but one year can actually matter a lot (remember how you changed from fourteen to sixteen...see?)
While Rose 1.0 seemed  helpless and fragile to me and therefore a bit unrelatable, Rose 2.0 was not always, but very often, a confident girl who knew what she wanted. 
Her straightforward and brave way to tackle  situations not only made her grow on me, but it also drove the plot forward.
Which is another goal Rozett scored with this book. There's no arguing Confessions#1 was a fluent and entertaining book, but looking back on it, I still think #2 had a bit more depth and dealt not only with everything Rose was going through, but it included more general topics - and her friends' and families' problems, too.
Peter and his plotline were the only things I found a bit unsatisfying. I actually liked the direction it was going, but then, the solution to his problem seemed rushed to me - and like the author didn't even include the reader in what was going on with him.
Also, toward the end of the book, Tracey's story kind of lost itself and she seemed gone for a long period of time, which was just sad.
However, to make up for that, we get a lot of beloved characters back! First of all, of course, Jamie (the personification of hotness), then Angelo whom I LOVED in this book, Regina (okay, definitely didn't love her, but...) and so, so many more.
It's definitely worth a  read!
I don't want to tell you too much about the book, just that the series is really, really worth reading. I flew through it like nothing and can't wait to get the next book on my hands!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've seen these books around but never picked them up. Maybe I will though as I love when the characters visibly grow from book to book :)

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I can't wait to start :) I'm glad ALMOST GIRLFRIEND was even better than ANGRY GIRL... Rose sounds awesome in this too. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...