September 01, 2013

August Wrap-Up and September TBR

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)The Lucy Variations34 Pieces of YouNinth Key (The Mediator, #2)Reunion (The Mediator, #3)
Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)Kara Goucher's Running for Women: From First Steps to MarathonsAre You There God? It's Me, MargaretThe Catastrophic History of You and Me


Wow, looking at everything I've read in August, I just realized I wasn't even bad! 9 books is solid ;)
Of course, given the free time I had and those many moments when I preferred the headphones to my book, I could have been more dedicated to reading...but a hobby should never be a chore, right?
I think part of my meh-attitude towards books right now was my choice of reads.
August started with The Lucy Variations (superb!), then read Heist Society in one day but wasn't nearly as happy with it as I thought I'd be. 34 Pieces of Me was the next book I read in a day. This one, though, completely threw me off the hook!
The three Mediator books were fabulous, but I read them at the wrong time. Running for Women was, of course, due to my running addiction and fueled it even more! Lastly, I read that Judy Blume book and realized I might be a bit old for it (but it was cute) and The Catastrophic History which was a good book, but not for me.

I'm starting University soon (more on that in a couple of days - I'm SO excited), so I will be smart and not set amazing pressure on myself to read so and so many books.
The only thing I want to do is read as many of my physical copies as possible...simply because I can't take them all to Uni with me and I'd hate to leave some unread :)

The selection looks like that:

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michele Hodkins 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 
Star Cursed by Jessica Shirvington
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead



2 comments:

  1. Are you running for a marathon? It's wonderful to be able to run these things. I hope to do one some day.

    I wish you luck on your September reads and your upcoming school :)

    My wrap-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nahh, not yet! The marathon-thing, I mean :) I did consider it, but I just turned 18 and I'm scared of getting injured etc. on such a long distance. Right now, I'm training for 10Ks and Half-marathons. I cannot wait to be a marathoner one day, though :D And thanks for the luck! I'm sure I'll need it!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...