September 07, 2013

Tackle Your TBR - The Gameplan

It's an easy routine you learn in elementary school: make a mistake, figure out what went wrong, try again.
 
My last attempt at a Read-a-Thon (Bob8) obviously was a fail, but that doesn't have to mean this one will be, too. If you feel like you're in that kind of situation you might be interested in some of the things I'm going to do for the Tackle Your TBR event next week in order to actually get some reading done!
 
The mistakes I made last time:
 
- I had no set reading times
- I let other stuff (okay, the Internet) get in between and spend hours doing nothing
- I was out and running a LOT (which is great, but should be more planned)
- I read books that weren't on my list
- the books I read were too long!
- I didn't really participate online, no blog hopping, no updates on the blog...
 
 
 
Strategies for this time:
 
- read every day
 
Week 1
SUNDAY: from 2PM to 6PM
MONDAY: from 6PM to 8PM
TUESDAY-SATURDAY: 11-12AM, 5-7 PM
SUNDAY: 7-10AM
 
Even though I know it'd be better to have a gameplan for week 2, too - I really have no idea what I will even be doing that week :)
 
- I won't look at any electronic devices while reading - just won't!!!
- I 't run every morning so that it doesn't collide with all my other plans for the day
-I won't buy new books (this one should be obvious, but...)
- I will start the week off with short novels and start with the longer ones later on
-Will visit at least five blogs a day and update on Goodreads and the blog every day ;D
 
Okay, so what tips do you have for actually reaching your Read-a-Thon goals?




4 comments:

  1. Nice game plan!! ^_^ I'm pretty pumped to start Poison Princess Monday! It'll be a great kickoff... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not looking at electronic devices while reading definitely sounds like a good idea! It's so easy to get distracted by Youtube or Twitter or Facebook. Although that being said I sometimes read on my iPad, so avoiding electronic devices in that situation is a bit silly haha. I don't know if starting with short books and then moving on to long books would be such a good idea though. You might find that you get into a bit of a mini slump and find yourself not feeling like reading long books if it's a relatively long read-a-thon.
    Anyway, that's my two cents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Telling people around me that I will be busy that week >.> Mostly the boyfriend, he always wants to hang out for some strange reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I've definitely failed on readathons before. It's easy to let real life get in the way.

    I would say it's not bad to read books that aren't on your list. I know when I try to plan out books, I always end up reading other things. Just go with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...