It's an easy routine you learn in elementary school: make a mistake, figure out what went wrong, try again.
My last attempt at a Read-a-Thon (Bob8) obviously was a fail, but that doesn't have to mean this one will be, too. If you feel like you're in that kind of situation you might be interested in some of the things I'm going to do for the Tackle Your TBR event next week in order to actually get some reading done!
The mistakes I made last time:
- I had no set reading times
- I let other stuff (okay, the Internet) get in between and spend hours doing nothing
- I was out and running a LOT (which is great, but should be more planned)
- I read books that weren't on my list
- the books I read were too long!
- I didn't really participate online, no blog hopping, no updates on the blog...
Strategies for this time:
- read every day
SUNDAY: from 2PM to 6PM
MONDAY: from 6PM to 8PM
TUESDAY-SATURDAY: 11-12AM, 5-7 PM
Even though I know it'd be better to have a gameplan for week 2, too - I really have no idea what I will even be doing that week :)
- I won't look at any electronic devices while reading - just won't!!!
- I 't run every morning so that it doesn't collide with all my other plans for the day
-I won't buy new books (this one should be obvious, but...)
- I will start the week off with short novels and start with the longer ones later on
-Will visit at least five blogs a day and update on Goodreads and the blog every day ;D
Okay, so what tips do you have for actually reaching your Read-a-Thon goals?