September 09, 2013

Tackle Your TBR - Read-a-Thon Kick Off and Sunday Update

Admittedly, this post is a bit late, seeing how my Monday (in Germany) is almost over now. However, this was mostly due to my ambitious and successful reading day :)



My Goals for the next two weeks:

- Read 7 books
-comment on at least 5 blogs a day
- be on Twitter more (let's make this every two hours, k?)
- write all due reviews (I don't even know how many those would be!)

Books to Read:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (finally)
Star Cursed by Jessica Shirvington (I've been WAITING for this one!)
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (I somehow can't get into it)
Pantomime
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michele Hodkin
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (already started this one)
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnsson (audiobook!)


SUNDAY:

Number of Books Read: 0
Number of Pages Read: 177
Books: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Okay, I did read a lot slower than I thought I would. I usually do one page a minute and read 4 hours in a row, I should have made it to 240 - but there were potty breaks (drinking 4 liters a day will do that to you) and snacking breaks and chocolate breaks...
Other than that, I'm really happy with the progress I've made so far and can only hope the rest of the Read-a-Thon will go on like this :D

How are you guys doing? 
I know, I asked this before, but do you have any tips to share about reading more and motivation to read? I'd (still) love to hear!


4 comments:

  1. Haha great job. I hate to tell you, though, that something is seriously lacking from your list.....

    Lol. I still have to read Born Wicked. Maybe during this read a thon I'll get to it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooops, hehe thanks for reminding me! I do even have an excuse (I'm a slacker, it's my job!) - Poison Princess is the only ebook I read this time...so that explains my forgetfulness, right? Right? Okay, maybe not. I might make a virtual fall on my knees and beg for mercy? Hehe...
      Oh, and you should read Born Wicked! Especially cause fall's coming around. It's the perfect leaves are turning yellow- kind of book :D

      Delete
  2. These read-a-thon's motivate me to read more. I really enjoy them even when I don't quite reach my goal. I still manage to get a lot of reading done when I participate. Plus the challenges are fun! Its difficult for me to find time because I work and have a family and day to day demands on my time when I would much rather be reading and blogging. I do blog and read at work sometimes (shhh)

    Anyway, good luck on your goals! I loved The Fault in Our Stars SO much. I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I really liked Before I Fall too. I wasn't a fan of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer but hopefully you'll enjoy it more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, as a rule, I never reach my goal!! Or, at least, almost never lately. It's so much fun, though. Reading with everyone and being encouraged by all those busy bees out there ;D And I had a summer job these past few months and totally understand the reading and working thing. I mean, there's no way I could survive 8 hours without at least thinking about books, right?
      As of right now, The Fault in Our Stars is Uh-mazing! Can't wait to finish it!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...