September 15, 2013

The BIG News (I've kept from you for way too long)

I have to say, now that I'm actually writing this post, I absolutely and totally regret not doing it sooner.
However, back in June, when I first realized a really huge dream of mine was about to come true, I just couldn't believe it. And to be honest, I still can't.
But I'm going to start at the beginning and just tell you guys what's been keeping me up all night/been in my head for months - I am going to London. To study.
Most of you know that I'm from Germany and I have lived in the one village where I live now - for basically all my life. Or the past 13 years.

Now, I am moving. And not even anywhere and not a big huge German city, but a British one and I am freaking out about that and finding it very weird and I am going to be there TOMORROW! And I will totally have gotten something wrong and be homeless for the next year or so, living under the bridge (or, if they let me) in the library.

Just in case everything goes according to plan, though, I will be proud to call myself a British Uni Student and a person-living-in-london which is so, so cool.

If you are interested in why I decided to study in London, this is the brief summary:

- I love the English language
-I always wanted to study abroad
- I got the chance
- I took it.

So, basically the next two years I will be spending mostly in London, studying my head away to become that intellectual and educated person I so badly want to become and - of course - blogging whenever I can.
Also, I just realized that living in London will mean having access to libraries and bookshops that actually have English books on their shelves! I am amazed.

Okay, I think that's everything I wanted to say. Again, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys earlier, but I just really, really couldn't believe I'll actually go. To London. All by myself.
Oh my god, I'm going to die. I just now it.

Does anyone of you live in London??? Any tips, advice, general things to tell me? If so, pleeeeease comment below!

And I'd really like to get an audiobook to listen to on the train - are there any you guys could recommend?

Greetings and lots of love,

the Booksmartie

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! And jealous :D I hope you have fun! Be sure to share your experiences with us because maybe one day I'll be studying there too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And about studying in London - you should totally go for it! If you want to do it, do it! I've only been in this city for a few hours and I'm in LOVE with it! It's great, I swear and you won't regret it!

      Delete
  2. WOW.

    That is SO cool! I am SO proud of you! You'll do great! I've never been to London you have to share pics! You're gonna have some amazing adventures Laura! :) No wonder you've been so busy! How far is London from where you live now in Germany? And, what will you be studying at the University?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! And yes, I will share pics! Although the kinds of pics I take usually feature weirdly dressed people or statues :D I took the train (okay, several ones) to London and that made it 10 hours. However, flying is supposed to take 4-5 hours, car about 8 hours. It's kind of difficult to measure...Oh, and I'm studying Law :)

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...