October 24, 2012

I'm participating in the Haunted Week event!!!

{This Girl Reads}

...and as always I'm a bit late...then again as far as my calculations go for most of you guys it's still October 24th while for me it's already 5AM on October 25th. I'm not even start on why I am up this early :)

Now, what is the Haunted Week, you ask? Oh well, it's some kind of Halloween countdown hosted by ThisGirlReads, so everyone participating (or following the blogs that are participating) can really get into the Halloween spirit. NOT that Halloween was that a big deal where I live - because it really isn't. Most people in my litlle town don't even remember when it is. Anyway, I love the US and I love American holidays and that's why I want to get into the Halloween spirit even if noone around me is even celebrating :D

On to the actual first post....

{This Girl Reads}

Ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It just might the spirit of a book you haven't put to rest. Today feature five books you began but never finished. 

Actually, I do try to finish all the books I start reading...which might be because I almost only read books I choose to read and then I end up liking at least the premise of them...and even if they're not good it's kind of like I've gotten myself into this mess all on my own so I've got to work my way through it, you know what I mean?
Anyway, one of the books I've never finished was Narrative Loserdom by Ryan Collins because I just couldn't get into the story at all. Also, I still have got this anthology on my nightstand - "Dear Bully" which is a really good book so far but I constantly forget about it :)
In addition to that there are some German books I never finished because they were mostly those books that are actually very informative - almost like nonfictional content wrapped up in a boring story to make it more interesting for kids and teens - oh well...you can't fool me!
Lastly, I'm still not over the fact that my nine-year-old self stopped reading the first Harry Potter book because I got really scared towards the middle - it took me two more years to catch up on the series and I missed almost all the hype (the costume parties in movie theaters and bookstores, the long queues at four in the morning when a new book came out etc. etc.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you're so persevering! I often give up: so many books, so little time. :)
    Here is first Haunted Week post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! But actually - time is a big factor why I try to finish all the books! I feel like I'm wasting so much time when I start a book and then don't finish it (and can't review it...)

      Delete
  2. Well...we don't exactly celebrate Halloween - but I think the spooky atmosphere fits October perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...