May 06, 2013

May Books

Books I really, really want to get to (and maybe, hopefully will):

(All the covers link to Goodreads)

And the Mountains EchoedDare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)GoldenIcons (Icons, #1)The Book of Broken HeartsAll I NeedThe OriginalsThe Lucy VariationsGame. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #1)

Let's just don't talk about the fact that I can neither buy nor read nine books in a month. Especially seeing as how my goal actually was shrinking my TBR pile to  a minimum. Anyway, there's a long summer ahead for all of us (except, I guess, the Australian people...) and I hope to read the contemporaries then. I mean, Sara Zarr, Sara Ockler - and I've never read a Susane Colasanti lor Jessi Kirby book - can you even imagine? Dare You To - thank God! - is on my Kindle already :)

Books that I'm slightly less interested in...

The Rules for DisappearingToweringObsessionThe Summer I Became a NerdThousand WordsHow My Summer Went Up in FlamesWild AwakeThe S-Word

Sequels to Series I personally haven't even started but that sound really promising to me

Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)Spirit (Elemental, #3)The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, #3)


Books that I'm just not interested in for some reason (can you convince me???)

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)Of Triton (Of Poseidon, #2)InvisibilityMystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)Nantucket Blue


So, that is everything...I think :) There are a couple really amazing - sounding books - especially contemporaries this month. I feel like the dystopians are really underrepresented (which of course does not bother me personally too much). Also, I'd be interested if you could recommend any of the paranormal books/series that are coming out. After all, although I don't like most paranormal romance books, there were some that I fell for head over heals (Brodi Asthon's Everneath is a good example).
Besides, I wanted  to ask you guys how you feel about this way of presenting the new releases this month? With the sort-of -rating? I usually just listed them like this, so I wanted to know which version you like best? I hope you all have a great week and month of May and enjoy all the books you decide to pick up!
Greetings,
the Booksmartie

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited for Khalid Hosseini's new book as well! Interestingly enough I had the Lucy Variations as one of the books I was excited about, however after reading a friend's review of it I probably won't pick it up. But I really want to read Thousand Words. Just because I'm more interested in realistic YA Fiction. I've heard really good things about both Wild Awake and Golden, so I hope you enjoy them when you get a chance to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare You To was amazing! I'm not interested in The 5 Wave either, I've seen and read way to many dystopian books so I'm taking a little break. I read the first book of If I Die, I said I would read it but I'm not sure if I will... Great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...