May 31, 2013

May Wrap Up & June TBR

Ah, yes. When I said I had to catch up on my Goodreads Challenge that sounded so easy. And it turned out being utterly, cruelly hard work. Bout of Books helped, of course, but still. To read all those books and novellas this month I really had to sit down for hours and just read  - and without the school bus and that soothing noise around me. It was a challenge -and I'm still two books behind. But, I mean, two is better than nine, right?

Novellas:

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers, # 0.02)The Queen's ArmyThe Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)

The novellas were all really enjoyable, but for different reasons. Crossing the Line I loved for the characters and swoonworty characters, The Witch of Duva for Bardugo's unique writing style and Hunting Kat was a nice intro into a world I really want to explore (aka read the real series). The only novella I was disappointed with was The Queen's Army. To much blood and fur, if you ask me.


Novels:
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)The Daughters (The Daughters, #1)The Elite (The Selection, #2)Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)Love Is HellThe Boyfriend List: 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1)My Name Is MemoryThe Jelly Bean Crisis
Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)

Very good mix this month! I don't even know where to begin! On top was - of course - Dare You To...and then there's nothing for a pretty long time. The Elite and My Name is Memory, I enjoyed. They were entertaining, but not life-changing. I kind of had to fight my way through Paranormalcy, The Daughters, Blue Moon, Love is Hell, The Jelly Bean Crisis and The Boyfriend List. On the sunny side, I really liked Shadowland and plan on continuing with that series.

Audiobooks:

LucidThe Book Thief

Both awesome! I had to get used to the Lucid narrators, but both novels were just brilliant. Reviews to come!


On to June: 

June is my birthday month!!! And as I am turning eighteen, it's quite  a special one for me, as well. Therefore, I want to read a couple of books that "ease" me into that adult-ish state. 

Just One Day by Gayle Forman
52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody

Then there's this book from Netgalley I'm super excited for:

Ink by Amanda Sun (DAC)

And a few books to shrink my TBR pile.

The Diviners by Libba Bray (TBR Challenge)
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick (TBR)
Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick (TBR, Sequel Challenge)






1 comment:

  1. If you are reading E. Lockhart, you must read the Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, it is a masterpiece! From your thoughts on the "blood and fur" (which, hee) I think I'll be skipping The Queen's Army. Great reviews! I am really impressed by all the reading you did. I hoping to use that to inspire me to amp up my book time.

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...