August 11, 2012

Bout Of Books 5.0 Goal Post

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Wow, I feel like my first Read-a-Thon, Bout of Books 4.0, has only been yesterday :) Back then I had a blast reading as much as possible and I still think the hosts did a fabulous job organising everything!!! That's why of COURSe I had to participate again, and here I am jumping from one Read-a-Thon to the next :)

TIME DEVOTED TO READING

I will be reading as much as possible but at least 1,5 hous every day next week. I'm on a shopping spree all Monday but I hop to read at least 200 pages every other day of the Read-a-Thon. 

MY GOALS

-to read at least six books (never going to happen)
-to check twitter at least six times a day (seriously, I'm never on twitter)
-to participate i at least one twitter chat even if I have to stay up all night
-trying to pull an all nighter (wanted to do this last time, but school kind of gor in the way ;))

BOOKS TO READ

Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)Impulse (Impulse, #1)Perfect (Impulse, #2)
Marked (House of Night, #1)Crossed (Matched, #2)

UPDATES


Monday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read:1

Books:
Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)

My Thoughts:
Okay, I started with a book that's not even on my goal list, but it didn't replace a review book so that doesn't really matter and also - I got through it in one day :)


Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read:2

Books:
Impulse (Impulse, #1)

My Thoughts:

You guys were right - Ellen Hopkins is a genius! Impulse was pretty disturbing, though, for a softie like me and I just started Perfect although I know I'd need something very funny and very light...we'll see how it goes, though :)


Wednesday
Number of books I've read today: 47 pages 
Total number of books I've read:2

Books:
Perfect (Impulse, #2)

Thoughts:
I saw this one coming so I'm not really disappointed. I'm a rather active person, so sitting in a chair reading all Monday and Tuesday was a bit too much - I decided to run some errands, go for a loong run and clean my room - now I'm exhausted enough to keep reading, though :)


Thursday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total number of books I've read: 3

Books:
Perfect (Impulse, #2)

My Thoughts:
Yay! I'm kind of back on track, I guess - wasn't hard, though - the book was amazing!


Friday
Number of books I've read today: 1/2
Total number of books I've read: 3 1/2

Books:
Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)

My Thoughts:
The book is pretty good so far - and I could've finished it if I wouldn't always let myself get distracted!
You might have noticed that I deleted Ruby from my goal list - that's because I added Hide and Seek and my goal was six books and I'm sure I won't get to seven :) Anyway, I might even reach my goal this time :D


Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 1/2 plus 40 pages
Total number of books I've read: 4 books, 40 pages :)

Books:
Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)Marked (House of Night, #1)

My Thoughts: 
I fell asleep!!! I could use a very bad cuss word now, but I won't. Anyway: this was sooo annoying! I was planning on staying up all night to read House of Night in one setting. Because, hello?? It's called House of NIGHT and it's about vampires - sorry, vampyres - it would hae worked out perfectly! Well, it didn't. I struggled a bit with Whispers in Autumn - it got a bit boring at the end, but Marked is definitely entertaining and perfect for a Read-a-Thon! How are you guys doing?














29 comments:

  1. Great books for your goal! I soo need to read Crossed!..lol Also, I'm totally NEVER on Twitter. It confuses me so and I would rather spend the time reading to be honest..

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to read Crossed to - Reached is supposed to come out in november :) Then again, I might switch up some of these books (actually, I already have)...

      Delete
  2. You can TOTALLY read six books in a week!! I'm sure you'll be able to do it. =) I have the opposite problem with Twitter, I'm always on it! So during Bout of Books, I'll be staying away from it, and only logging on to update my progress (which probably isn't going to happen, but still!) Good luck, and I'm looking forward to your updates! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! As of right now, my progress is going pretty well :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your 6 books and you can totally do it. Ellen Hopkins is a genius! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must agree! I just read Impulse and it was really brilliant!

      Delete
  4. A couple of your books are on my TBR pile. Alas, I have yet to pick up the Marked series. *sigh* Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have to start reading that series immediately! But it's kind of intimidating, because I feel like there are more books pretty much every month :)

      Delete
  5. You were on Twitter today! Great to have met you during the chat. @fromleft2write www.fromlefttowrite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It was awesome meeting you, too! Maybe chat sometime soon again? :)

      Delete
  6. I am going for 5 books and I also have Crossed on my goals list! In fact, I am almost 90% done with it and I like the action. =)

    Good luck with your goals!

    Here's my Bout of Books post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! I've read so many bad reviews on Crossed - but I mean it can't be that bad, can it?

      Delete
  7. I love the cover for that book :o
    good luck for the rest of teh week!

    Lauren @ Northern Plunder
    Bout of Books Posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hide and Seek one? I really like that, too - very typical Sara Shepard cover :)

      Delete
  8. oo looking forward to seeing what you think of 'Marked', had that series on my TBR for agains! Good luck with all you goals :D

    Jo @ Urban Fangtasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear there are some people who haven't read those...200 books and 4000 novellas yet (I'm totally exaggerating) - I feel a bit pressured to keep up :)

      Delete
  9. Yay for getting through a book in one day, I think you can totally don six books this week! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Right now, it's going pretty well but I did start easy :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I totally get why everyone loves her now! Just read Impulse and it was awesome!

      Delete
  11. How is the Lying Game series? I love that show! You're doing well already. You can totally finish your goal =) Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is pretty good - creepy and girly and all! Shepard never fails to surprise me! I didn't love the show, though, so I stopped watching it!

      Delete
  12. Yay for finishing your first book ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Lying Game series sounds pretty interesting. I loved Sara Shepard's Pretty Little Liar books.

    Good luck&Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read all of them (I still have to read 6-11, I think) but I like The Lying Game Series just as much!

      Delete
  14. Awesome you finished the first book! You are ahead of me. I had a slow first day. Time to step it up today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did start of with very light, short, easy reads - and you totally still have time!

      Delete
  15. I understand wanting to cuss for falling asleep. That happened to me a lot for this BoB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that annoying??? Sleeping is such a waste of time!!! :)

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...