August 13, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 - My Literary Best Friend Challenge

Oh my, for all you non-Read-a-Thoners I'm really sorry for this overload of posts lately but I promise this will come to an end as soon as school starts for me again (which is like...next week, although I still refuse to believe that!).

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

But on to My Literary Best Friend (challenge hosted by Auggie Talk)

...that would have to be - you guessed it - Hermione Granger. It's not just that we - obviously - both love to read. It's scary sometimes how much of me I recognize in her when I start another round of rereading the Harry Potter Series. We both get made fun of ALL the time because we feel that need to raise our hand every freaking time a teacher asks a question. It's ridiculous!
I can see us sitting next to each other in class, competing on who knows the answer first, who can raise their arm higher or who snips their fingers the loudest :)
At the same time, though, it'd be awesome to have someone to discuss books with or to break rules with, because apart from reading the thing I can do best is get myself into trouble. Hermione and I would be the perfect duo to fight dogs (that own three heads, of course) and trolls and all the other rather nasty magical creatures!

So that's it from me - I'm already looking forward to all of your literary BFs :)


And now: Challenge numero 2!

The Passing Books Challenge hosted by Reading in Texas and The Space Between

I feel kind of bad for admitting this, but after I finish a book I do the most selfish thing there is : I keep it. And if I say it, I mean it. Practically every book I ever owned - including the books that were read to me when I wasn't even able to read - is still in my parents' house. The rather recent ones (about 7th grade and up) sit on the shelves (and piles) in my room and the others are kept in boxes in the attic. When we moved into our new house the one thing my stepfather said to my mom was:
"This girl is only five years old. She can't even read yet. Why does she own more books than you do?"

6 comments:

  1. Yay! There is someone out there who has as much (or more) books than me!
    :)
    Hermione Granger is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, someday I might have a huge portion of courage for breakfast and give them all to people in need - not too soon, though :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to have Hermoine as my literary BFF, too! And I also have many books but I really want to buy and eReader soon.

    Loved chatting with you yesterday on the Bout of Books twitter chat, Laura! =D

    Here's my Bout of Books post!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, loved the chat, too! And I'm soo happy I finally got my Kindle - it's so much more convenient than reading on my phone!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your answer about Hermione :D I would have take her if I was younger :). But I decided to pick Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't read Bloodlines yet...which reminds me I need to finish the Vampire Academy Series - maybe during the next Read-a-Thon?

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...