August 27, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
1. I've never read The Lord of The Rings Series - and even worse - I don't think I ever will. I've heard pretty intimidating things about it (like difficult language and songs and stuff...)
2. I hated the Harry Potter books in the beginning because I couldn't pronounce the names (I'm German and I was in third grade when I tried - no experience with the English language) and I didn't get the story :)
3. I was afraid of the United States when I was younger. I'd never read a book set there and this might not seem to be book related but today I read almost exclusively American books - and I even prefer American covers!
4. My mom had to read books to me until I was thirteen. Seriously. And she stopped doing it not because I wanted her to but because she said it was "about time" .... :)
5. I constantly count the number of pages until a book is finished and then calculate how much time I will need to get to the end.
6. In seventh grade my teacher talked to my mom and together they forbid me to read Harry Potter. That teacher looked at me with a serious expression on her face and said:
"There are different types of addictions, Laura."
7. I once spilled hot chocolate on my jeans and the book I was reading, Thirteen Reasons Why - and I did nothing to save it because I needed to know how the book ended :)
8.When I was younger I'd receive a letter from our local library every month because I never returned the books on time!
9. In seventh grade I brought all the Harry Potter books I owned to tests at school - they were my "lucky charms"
10. As a child I used to pretend I was my favorite book character. The confession? I still do it sometimes.