August 20, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 Wrap Up!

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Wow. It's done. This summer has been full of Read-a-thons for me and I failed every single one - apart from Bout of Books :)
Bout of Books 4.0 was actually my very first Read-a-Thon and I did better than I expected on that one so I kind of felt obligated to do good this time, too - and it worked!
That's not to say I reached my goal - I never do and I didn't this time. But my goal was six books and I got to five and I guess I would totally have been able to finish six books but life got in the way and that's okay and I'm so happy I participated and so sad that it's over :)

Whispers in Autumn (The Last Year, #1)Impulse (Impulse, #1)Perfect (Impulse, #2)Marked (House of Night, #1)Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)

I participated in one Twitterchat - which was beyond fun :) And a few challenges, but I haven't listed them anywhere so I don't even know which ones they were. Apart from that I hosted my first very own challenge which was exciting!!!
And then, of course, I read books:
I fell much more in love with a series I had already been addicted to (The Lying Game),
I discovered a new author I really like and got to see a whole new perspective on YA (Ellen Hopkins),
I found the reason for all the hype and a new series to read (House of Night),
and I was a bit disappointed  (Whispers in Autumn).

Overall, this was a huge success! Also, because I'm starting school the day after tomorrow and typed ALL the reviews for the books above today :D

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! I'll go through your reviews. Thanks for sharing them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it might take me a while to post all of them, but I'm so glad you're interested in them!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow. None of the above spells fail to me. Great job. Glad you had fun. I haven't participated in any read-a-thons yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer! You really should! I love digging through all those books along with other bloggers! If you want to try one I'd recommend you wait for the next Bout of Books, though - I think that one is by far the most fun one I've participated in :)

      Delete
  3. You came close! I think you did great ;) Hope to see you in January for Bout-of-Books 6.0!

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...